Raul began his career in Florida as a Nationally Certified Sports Massage Therapist since 1999 with over 1,000 hours from a state accredited program from the Florida School of Massage in Gainesville, Florida. The program included Therapeutic Massage, Sports Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Neuromuscular Therapy (Trigger Points), Myofascial Release, Swedish Massage, Active and Passive Release Modalities, Acupressure, Reflexology, Anatomy & Physiology, CPR and First Aide Certifications. He continues to expand his knowledge, experience and expertise in bodywork by consistently accruing hours of continuing education credits in Orthopedic Manual Therapy and energy work through workshops and classes to enhance his skill level and to better serve his clients.
Manual Therapy Philosophy
“I specialize in Orthopedic and Sports Manual Therapy delivered with a compassionate and energetic touch. I address the body with regard to structural alignment and posture, fascial restrictions, range of motion and lifestyle habits. Through client education, I have found the healing process to be faster and the client more empowered, when taking an active role in their own healing. I firmly believe that manual therapy, whether used as preventative method, or in conjunction with more alternative forms of healing, can allow the client to reach higher levels of physical and emotional well being. Orthopedic and Sports Manual Therapy helps care for the wear and tear and minor injuries sustained in the performance of any strenuous physical activity. It also allows the client a chance to bring body awareness, release stress, pain, and emotional fatigue.”
- Nationally Certified Massage Therapist and CAMTC Licensed
- 17 years massage & bodywork experience
- 17 years therapeutic exercise and personal training experience
- 16 years experience working with physical therapists and chiropractors
- Bachelor of Health Science in Pre-Physical Therapy
- Extensive experience working with dancers, runners, tri-athletes, cyclists, swimmers, football players, outrigger paddlers, baseball players, soccer players, and martial artist of all levels.
- Athletic club outreach event experience: LA TRI Club, Team in Training, LA Leggers, LA RoadRunners, California Triathlon, Gran Fondo Italia, San Diego Fit Foodie 5k
Extensive orthopedic manual therapy training and experience with musculoskeletal pathologies for complicated shoulder, knee conditions, sports injuries, rehabilitation and stress reduction. Specializing in combining soft-tissue Orthopedic Manual Therapy with joint mobilization techniques, pelvic stabilization, and corrective exercises.
Breakdancing, Cycling, Resistance Training, Hiking, Running, soccer
Sports and Corrective Exercise, Sports Massage Therapist for EXOS (formerly known as Athlete’s Performance) working with professional athletes, Massage Therapist at the 2008 Strawberry Fields Triathlon, the 2008 and 2009 Malibu Triathlon, 2009, 2010, and 2012 LA Marathon, Los Angeles 1/2 Marathon, 2010 and 2009 Coors Cup Hockey Tournament, 2008 and 2009 Brentwood Grand Prix, 2010 Playa Del Rey Triathlon, 2013 LA Marathon, 2014 Gran Fondo Italia Beverly Hills, 2014 Herbal Life LA Triathlon.